Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Power Of The Pen

This post will be entered into a writing contest titled "How Writing Has Positively Influenced My Life" by Positive Writer.

Initially, I became a writer to let my heart speak the things that I was unable to say and to get the message of the Gospel out in an appealing way to an unsuspecting or otherwise unwilling audience. I let it speak through my poetry book "God Keeps His Promises".

I shared secret knowledge that was silent to the world but screaming to me.

Later, I used the skill of writing to solve social problems by becoming an advocate and activist about issues like "Global Energy" or "Addiction Recovery".

Or to solve a problem of a nation without health care or a nation of poor health.

But the most important reason that I love writing is because I have used it as a tool of self defense when social injustices are occurring.

Like a battered woman would tell her secrets of her husband abusing her after her marriage counselor told her to tell others what is going on and it turned the negative situation into a power tool for the victim against the abuser.
The pen truly is mightier than the sword!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Star

Payless